There are many ways to roll with the punches — this seminar shows you the smart ways.
Award-winning author, international speaker and communications expert Marsha Petrie Sue, MBA, will be speaking at the 2018 SHOT Show Executive Management Summit. During her presentation, “Decontaminate Difficult Situations and Prepare for Change: Without Weapons or Duct Tape,” Sue will discuss:
- Establishing clarity and instantly communicate information to manifest the changes necessary for your group.
- How to deal with toxic behaviors, situations and attitudes.
- The four behavior and communication styles and why “flexing” is important.
- The stages of change and how to help employees understand these stages.
- Why listening empathetically versus autobiographically solves problems before they occur.
- Delivering and receiveing tough messages with ease.
- Establishing a plan to keep your best talent and reduce turnover.
- Handling resistance with diplomacy, tact, polish and poise.
Sue is known as the “Muhammad Ali of senior leadership development, conflict resolution, communications and managing change.” She is a former Executive Vice President of a Fortune 500 company and is an international professional speaker and executive coach. She attended the Darden Executive Management Program and is a certified Myers Briggs Type Indicator practitioner. Her clients include small and large corporations, associations, healthcare institutions and government agencies.
A highly respected author, Sue’s books include, “Toxic People: Decontaminate Difficult People Without Using Weapons or Duct Tape,” “The Reactor Factor: How to Handle Difficult Work Situations Without Going Nuclear” (both best sellers) and her award-winning book, “The CEO of YOU: Leading YOURSELF to Success.” These publications have been translated into many languages, including Russian, French, Portugues, Czech, Romanian and Spanish.
Sue is very involved in the outdoor and shooting sports. She and her husband, Al, are avid hunters, anglers and conservationists. As chair of the Women’s Outdoor Media Association, Sue and her team raise much-needed funds for Navy SEAL widows through the annual event She Never Quit, held at Marcus and Melanie Luttrell’s ranch in Texas.
The 2018 SHOT Show Executive Management Seminar will take place Monday, Jan. 22, the day before the 2018 SHOT Show opens. Attendees successfully registering to attend the show can then reserve their seat for the Executive Management Seminar and other events. NSSF Member cost for this event is $275, while non-members can attend for $375.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for SHOT Show Executive Management Seminar. Contact Chris Tatulli, NSSF Director, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our wide variety of sponsorship options.