Latest Show News—SHOT Show Blog
For updates throughout the year on what is in the works for the upcoming SHOT Show, visit the SHOT Show blog.
Winning the Online Customer
December 6, 2017
Everyone shops online — so how do you get those online shoppers into your store? In a world in which it seems everyone has checked whether a ..
SHOT Show Facts and Figures
SHOT Show Facts and Figures
- SHOTSM stands for Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade. SHOT Show® is a registered trademark.
- The SHOT Show is owned and sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation®, trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industry. The show is produced and managed by ConvExx.
- The 2018 SHOT Show runs Tuesday, January 23, through Friday, January 26, at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada. “SHOT Week,” which includes events such as the NSSF/HAVA Golf Classic, Industry Day at the Range and the Suppliers Showcase, spans January 21-26.
- The SHOT Show’s website is SHOTShow.org and the SHOT Show Blog can be found at http://www.shotshow.org/blog. Follow SHOT Show on Twitter @NSSFSHOTShow, on Facebook and @shotshow on Instagram. The hashtag is #SHOTShow.
- SHOT Show Industry Day at the Range, slated for Monday, January 22, at the Boulder City Rifle & Pistol Club, is for exhibitor-invited media and buyers only.
- The Press Room is located in the Venetian Murano Ballroom on Level 3. The Press Room opens at 7:30 a.m. each day. See complete Press Room hours.
- The SHOT Show exhibition floor opens at 8:30 a.m. each day and closes at 5:30 p.m. except for the last day when the show closes at 4 p.m. (Law enforcement booths in Venetian ballrooms open at 8 a.m. daily.) See complete show floor hours.
- The Supplier Showcase was launched at the 2017 SHOT Show to allow material and service suppliers to meet directly with the manufacturing community. More than 260 material suppliers participated in the 2017 SHOT Show, and more than 450 will be participating at the two-day event in 2018.
- At the 2017 show, exhibitors, buyers, media and other industry professionals hailed from all 50 states and 111 countries.
- The 2018 SHOT Show will have more than 1,600 exhibitors on the exhibit floor and more than 2,000 total when incuding the Suppliers Showcase.
- SHOT is the largest event held at the Sands Expo and Convention Center. Total exhibit space for the 2018 show is expected to be more than 630,000 net square feet—equivalent to more than 13 acres, the area covered by the New Orleans Superdome, the base of the Great Pyramid of Giza or England’s Windsor Castle
- The SHOT Show boasts 12.5 miles of aisles—just a little less than the distance of a half marathon.
- This is the 40th annual SHOT Show. The first SHOT Show was in 1979 in St. Louis, Missouri.
- This will be the 20th SHOT Show in Las Vegas. No other city has hosted more SHOT Shows, and Las Vegas has been home to the show continuously since 2010.
- More than 64,000 professionals in the shooting, hunting, outdoors and law enforcement industry attended SHOT Show in 2017. The show is for trade only and not open to the public. See the 2017 post-show press release.
- More than 2,400 members of the outdoor media, including international media, cover the show and promote the products they see at SHOT in their stories.
- The 2017 SHOT Show brought over $88 million in non-gaming revenue to the Las Vegas economy.
- The Law Enforcement section remains the fastest growing segment of the SHOT Show. To illustrate this growth, law enforcement was started 15 years ago, covering 7,000 square feet; today it covers more than 170,000 square feet of the show.
- The SHOT Show is the once-a-year gathering place for the shooting, hunting and outdoors industry—manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, publishers and various non-profit organizations. It’s where a passion for firearms, ammunition and outdoors equipment, plus the industry’s unified support for the Second Amendment, are on display.
- Firearms and ammunition are a $8 billion industry (2016). The total economic impact of the industry is more than $51 billion, which supports more than 301,000 jobs.
- The SHOT Show generates millions of the dollars in revenue that funds NSSF programs and services that help “promote, protect and preserve” hunting and the shooting sports. Among those programs are Project ChildSafe, the industry’s firearm safety education program; Don’t Lie for the Other Guy, which works to help prevent illegal straw purchases, and National Shooting Sports Month in August. See www.nssf.org for more information on NSSF programs and member services.
- The total weight of the exhibits for the 2017 SHOT Show brought in by Freeman, the SHOT Show’s general service contractor, exceeded 7,000,000 pounds, the heaviest show ever held at the Sands Expo Center.
- More than 550 trucks were unloaded in six days by Freeman company at the 2017 show.
- More than 15,000 firearms were inspected and tagged by the SHOT Show Safety Advisor team on the 2017 SHOT Show exhibit floor.
- It took 250 concessionaires to accommodate the food and beverage bistros inside the Sands Expo Center during the 2017 SHOT Show.
- More than 25,000 people downloaded the SHOT Show mobile app for SHOT 2017.
- The U.S. Department of Commerce recruited more than 1,000 qualified buyers from 37 countries to attend the 2017 SHOT Show through the show’s participation in the International Buyers Program.